Thursday, September 20, 2007

Our Stories

I've noticed that our stories make a lot of difference to other people who don't understand what we have lived through. Over the weekend, a woman surprizingly commented to me that she had never actually thought about children and what it was like for them to grow up with a parent who is involved in homosexual relationships. So our stories enlighten others. I'd like to encourage more of you to share. Not only is it healing, you bring your own thoughts and feelings forward where others can begin to understand and care more about how children deal with a "gay" parent...For many of us, we have to take back the words gay & rainbow, the color lavender, the butterfly, and other symbols which have been usurped from their original meanings. We do this by telling it like it was and is.

From my heart, I welcome you on this journey.

No comments: